Selected Resources for Witt Sem 100
Books | Indexes | Periodicals
| Web Sites | Help
The World at Your Fingertips
BOOKSLC subject headings | Call Numbers | Library Catalogs | Reference Books
Library of Congress Subject Headings.28th ed., 5 vols., 2005.
Kept on the long table by the main bank of EZRA/Web terminals.
Call Numbers for GeographyFollowing are some of the common call numbers for books on Geography topics. It is useful when browsing for books to have a general call number, but it is not a replacement for doing an EZRA (our online catalog) search.
|G for General Geography, Atlases, Maps||GF for Human Geography|
|GA for Cartography||GN for Anthropology|
|GB for Physical Geography||GT for Manners and Customs|
|GE for Environmental Science||GV for Recreation and Leisure|
Locating Books in Library CatalogsAt Wittenberg: EZRA
At other Ohio academic Libraries: OhioLINK
In North America For ILL: WorldCat
Reference BooksBelow is a select list of reference books relating to Geography.
- World Almanac and Book of Facts
- Reference Desk AY 67.N5 W7 2009
- The Penguin Dictionary of Geography
- Reference G63 .C652 1998
- Philip's Geography Dictionary
- Reference G63 .P45 2000
- The Columbia Gazetteer of the World
- Reference G103.5 .C645 1998
- Atlas of the World
- Reference G1021 .G4125 2005
- The Dictionary of Physical Geography
- Reference GB10 .D53 2000
- Encyclopedia of Human Geography
- Reference GF4 .P58 2004
- Encyclopedia of World Cultures
- Reference GN 307 .E53 1994 (10 vols)
- Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life
- Reference GN 333 .W67 1998 (4 vols)
- Demographic Yearbook
- Reference HA 17 .D45
- Statesman's Yearbook
- Main Reference JA 51 .S7
Academic Search Complete
- Academic Search Complete is a multi-subject database containing both scholarly and popular publications. Some material is available in full-text. It is agood starting place for introductory level classes.
- Business Source Complete
- Index to journal articles in management, economics, finance, accounting, international business, and more.
- SocINDEX covers all areas of sociology from 1895. Some full-text available.
- LexisNexis contains over 20 years of international news, legal and government information.
- Social Science Citation Index (ISI)
- Index and cited references for articles in the social sciences
- Wilson Index
- The Wilson Index is made up of the Humanities, Sciences and Social Science indexes. It is a good place to find scholarly articles on a variety of topics.
A full list of the indexes available at Wittenberg can be found at:
Periodicals are where most of the information for your research papers will come. Remember that there are scholarly publications as well as popular publications You will most likely want to stick to scholarly publications for your research. For hints on how to tell the two apart, please see Scholarly vs. Popular Articles.
Wittenberg owns many scientific journals in both print and electronic formats. The links below will help you to find out what journals we own, the format, and where they are located.
Journals the Library Has
This is a searchable index of the periodicals Wittenberg owns in electronic and print formats. Location and dates owned are also provided.
Journal Interlibrary Loan Form
Use Interlibrary Loan to request articles not owned at Wittenberg from other libraries. Please see the form for more details.
When using the internet, always be thinking critically about what you are viewing. Good and bad information both reside on the internet and it isn't always easy to tell the two apart. For hints on spotting good web pages, please see the library's page on Evaluating Web Sites.
If you choose to use internet sites as information resources, you must cite them just as you must cite a book or journal article. For help citing webpages and other online resources, take a look at Citing Electronic Resources.
If you are having trouble with your research, please contact Alisa Mizikar via email at email@example.com or call extension 7515. You can also contact any of the reference librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org or at extension 7511.