Selected Resources for Dr. Gradwohl's WittSem:
Servant Leadership...An oxymoron?
Fall 2012Books | Periodicals | Databases | Web Sites | Help
BOOKSLC subject headings | Library Catalogs | Books
Library of Congress Subject Headings.
28th ed., 5 vols., 2005.
Red books kept near the Reference books and "Express Computers"
These books will help you determine which words to search to find the library sources most relevant to your topic.
Locating Books in Library CatalogsAt Wittenberg: EZRA -- library catalog
At other Ohio libraries: OhioLINK (allow 3-5 business days for shipping)
BooksBelow is a select list of books that may be helpful to you in this course.
- Credo Online Reference
- [Electronic resource]
- Database Link
- Encyclopedia of Leadership
- Call number: HD57.7 .E53 2004 (4 volumes)
- Location: Main Stacks
- Link to EZRA Record
- Encyclopedia of Management (2009)
- [Electronic resource]
- OhioLINK E-Book Center
Periodicals are where you should find most of the information for your research papers. Remember that there are scholarly publications as well as popular publications. The library has outlined some of the differences between Scholarly vs. Popular Articles. Talk to your professor about which type of sources are best suited to your project.
Journals the Library Has
This is a searchable index of the periodicals Wittenberg owns in electronic and print formats. Location and dates owned are also provided.
If you need an article from a journal that is not owned by Wittenberg, you may request a copy of it from another library using Interlibrary Loan.
- The following databases are good places to find information for your project. Sometimes only article citations are available, so you may have to use InterLibrary Loan to get a copy of the full article.
- Academic Search Complete
- Academic Search Complete contains both scholarly and popular publications on a wide variety of subjects areas.
- Business Source Complete
- Searches scholarly and trade publications for topics pertaining to business and industry.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic
- Contains the fulltext of many national and international newspapers since 1980. Click on the link and then click on the news tab near the top left of the screen.
A full list of all of the indexes available at Wittenberg can be found at:
Choose your sources wisely. The library has compiled a list of things to consider when Evaluating Web Sites.
- Has some great lectures by scholars and experts - you'll find these mostly on university "channels" like YaleCourses or Harvard Business Review.