OhioLINK - Combined catalog of more than 70 Ohio academic libraries
WorldCat - Combined catalog of thousands of libraries (Use Interlibrary Loan) form to request materials
Indexes to Periodical Articles etc. for Political Science Research
||Index to articles and books in philosophy.
Political Science Abstracts
by the International Political Science Association, this database
includes current indexing and abstracts of the world's leading journals
in political science.
Political Science Abstracts
1975 - June 2006
|A basic index for journal articles in political science, international relations, law, and public administration/policy. Some full text.|
|SocINDEX with full text||Index, abstracts, and full text covering sociology.|
|Academic Search Complete|| Contains full text for more than 3,600 scholarly
publications, plus article summaries for 900 more journals.
multidisciplinary scholarship in feminist research.
1992- June 2006
|International in scope. Almost all full text.|
searchable full-text archive of
journal articles. The most recent articles are about five years
|New York Times -
|| Full text of the New York Times from its
inception in 1851 through 2003. Full text on Lexis-Nexis from
the present back to June 1980.
- look at the full list of Indexes
- OhioLINK Central Catalog (Note: you usually cannot request periodicals through OhioLINK; use
- Interlibrary Loan instead.)
Journals the Library Has
At other academic libraries:
Locating journals can be tricky, difficult, and generally
exasperating. If you run into trouble, a reference librarian will
be glad to assist you.
V. Recommended Web Sites
General Political Science, Government, and Law
- The American Political Science Association - www.apsanet.org
- The Midwest Political Science Association - http://www.indiana.edu/~mpsa/
- The Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University - http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~cawp/ .
- U.S. Federal Government Agencies - http://www.lib.lsu.edu/gov/fedgov.html
- U.S. House of Representatives - http://www.house.gov/
- U.S. Senate - http://www.senate.gov/
- State & Local Government Links - http://www.piperinfo.com/state/index.cfm
Constitutional Law and Constitutional History from the Pritzker Legal Research Center at Northwestern University
Gail Partin's Web Guide to U.S. Supreme Court Research
and Postmodern Theory, and Feminist Activism
(with notes by Dr. Wright)
- Everything Postmodern - A general web site with excellent links to journals, zines, and individual thinkers.
- Contemporary Philosophy, Critical Theory and Postmodern Thought - General web site from the U. of Colorado.
- "Social Theory for Fans of Popular Culture" -from the U.K.
- Deconstruction on the Net, from the University of Minnesota.
- French Feminist Theory (with extensive links to indivisual theorists).
- Web site of the journal, "Critical Inquiry".
theory link -
- The Feminist Theory Website -
- The Society for Women in Philosophy -
- Feminist Activist Resources on the Net -
- Feminist.Com -
- Gendergap.Com -
- The Feminist Majority Foundation -
- The National Organization of Women -
- The ThirdWave -
- Women's E-News -
- Bitch Magazine: A Feminist Response to Pop Culture -
- Bust Magazine -
- Ms. Magazine -
- Judy Horacek's work (she's a feminist artist) -
- Emily's List (a political network for pro-choice Democratic Women) -
- The Wish List (pro-choice Republican Women) -
- The National Federation of Republican Women -
- Institute for Women's Policy Research -
- National Council for Research on Women -
- National Women's Political Caucus -
- National Public Radio -
- C-Span -
- The New York Times (Politics Section) -
- The Washington Post (On Politics Section) -
- Slate -
- Political Information.Com -
- Politics 1 -
- Dissent -
- The New Republic Online -
- The Nation -
- The American Prospect -
- The Atlantic Online
- Chicago Manual of Style - "The standard in political theory." (H. Wright)
- A good
website for citing
electronic resources in APSA style i.e. info not contained on the
APSA stylesheet link
Contact Kristen Gibson, who is library liaison with the Political Science Department, with a quick question or set up an appointment for an individual consultation via email: email@example.com or phone: 937.327.7533.
Or contact the reference desk via phone, email or IM.
|Return to Thomas Library Main Page|
Compiled by Regina Entorf, Wittenberg University Library
Last updated 1-07-08/KJG
© 2008 Wittenberg University