Selected Resources for PhysicsBooks | Indexes | Periodicals | Web Sites | Help
Library Catalogs | Reference Books | Top
Library of Congress Subject Headings25th ed., 5 vols., 2002.
Kept on the long table by the main bank of EZRA/Web terminals.
Call NumbersFollowing are some of the common call numbers for books on various topics in Physics. It is useful when browsing for books to have a general call number, but it is not a replacement for doing an EZRA (our online catalog) search.
|QB Astronomy||QC 1-75 General Physics|
|QC 81-114 Weights and Measures||QC 120-168.85 Descriptive and Experimental Mechanics|
|QC 170-197 Atomic Physics||QC 221-246 Acoustics. Sound|
|QC 251-338.5 Heat||QC 350-467 Optics. Light|
|QC 474-496.9 Radiation Physics||QC 501-766 Electricity and Magnetism|
|QC 770-798 Nuclear and Particle Physics. Atomic Energy. Radioactivity||QC 801-809 Geophysics. Cosmic Physics|
|QC 811-849 Geomagnetism||QC 851-999 Meteorology. Climatology|
Locating Books in Library CatalogsAt Wittenberg: EZRA -- the online catalog
At other Ohio academic Libraries: OhioLINK
In North America For ILL: WorldCat
Reference BooksBelow is a select list of reference books relating to the physical sciences. These books can be found in the science and main libraries as noted.
- Dictionary of Geophysics, Astrophysics, and Astronomy
- Reference QB 14 .D53 2001
- Encyclopedia of Astronomy and Astrophysics (4 volumes)
- Reference QB 14 .E534 2001
- Oxford Dictionary of Physics
- Reference QC 5 .C56 2000
- Main Stacks QC 5 .C56 2000 c.2.
- Penguin Dictionary of Physics 4th edition, 2009
- Availble online
- Macmillan Encyclopedia of Physics (4 volumes)
- Reference QC 5 .M15 1996
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Physics
- Reference QC 5 .M425 1993
- Encyclopedia of Physics
- Reference QC 5 .R596 2004
- AIP Style Manual 4th edition
- Reference QC 5.45 .A45 1990
- American Institute of Physics Handbook (3rd edition)
- Reference QC 61 .A5 1972
- Handbook of Physical Quantities
- Reference QC 61 .H36 1997
- Encyclopedia of Weather and Climate (2 volumes)
- Reference QC 854 .A45 2002
- Weather Almanac (9th edition)
- Main Stacks QC 983 .W4277 8th ed. 1998
- Reference QC 983 .W4277 9th ed. 1999
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- Reference QD 65 .H3 82nd, 2001-2002
- Reference QD 65 .H3 87th, 2006-2007
- Science Citation Index
- SCI is part of Web of Science, this database allows you to search an index of science articles and also find out who has cited an article.
- Computers and Applied Sciences Complete
- Covers the spectrum of the applied sciences, representing knowledge on traditional engineering challenges and providing material for research concerning the business and social implications of new technology.
- A searchable database of the mathematical literature.
- Access Science
- Full text access to over 7000 articles in all areas of science. Updated daily.
- Video Encyclopedia of Physics Demonstrations
- Containes 600 demonstrations of physics principles. RealPlayer format.
- Academic Search Complete
- This is a broad subject database covering most academic topics. Many full text articles.
- One Search
- One Search is very large, multi-subject database comprised of many other databases including EZRA, OhioLINK, Academic Search Complete and other subject specific databases including Science Citation Index, PsycInfo, GeoRef, EconLit and many more.
Periodicals are where most of the information for your research papers will come. Remember that there are scholarly publications as well as popular publications You will most likely want to stick to scholarly publications for your research. For hints on how to tell the two apart, please see Scholarly vs. Popular Articles.
Wittenberg owns many scientific journals in both print and electronic formats. The links below will help you to find out what journals we own, the format, and where they are located.
Journals the Library Has
This is a searchable index of the periodicals Wittenberg owns in electronic and print formats. Location and dates owned are also provided.
Journal Interlibrary Loan Form
Use Interlibrary Loan to request articles not owned at Wittenberg from other libraries. Please see the form for more details.
When using the internet, always be thinking critically about what you are viewing. Good and bad information both reside on the internet and it isn't always easy to tell the two apart. For hints on spotting good web pages, please see the library's page on Evaluating Web Sites.
If you choose to use internet sites as information resources, you must cite them just as you must cite a book or journal article. For help citing webpages and other online resources, take a look at Citing Electronic Resources.
If you are having trouble with your research, please contact Alisa Mizikar, the Science Librarian, via email at email@example.com or by calling 937-327-7515. You can also contact any of the reference librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 937-327-7511.
Compiled by Alisa Mizikar.