Selected Resources for Applied AnatomyBooks | Indexes | Periodicals | Web Sites | Help
BOOKSLibrary Catalogs | Reference Books
Locating Books in Library CatalogsAt Wittenberg: EZRA -- our online catalog
At other Ohio academic Libraries: OhioLINK
In North America For ILL: WorldCat
Books on Scientific Writing and Presentations
- Scientific Writing: Easy When You Know How by Jennifer Peat et. al.
- Link to electronic book 2002
- The Craft of Scientific Writing by Michael Alley
- T11 .A37 1996
- Communicating Science: A Practical Guide by Pierre Laszlo
- Link to electronic book 2006
- Scientific Papers and Presentations by Martha Davis
- T11 .D324 1997
- Scientific Writing: Thinking in Words by David Lindsay
- T11 .L52864 2011
- The Art of Scientific Writing by Hans Friedrich Ebel
- QD9.15 .E23 2004
Reference BooksBelow is a select list of reference books that may be useful to you in this class.
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (20 volumes)
- Main Reference Q121 .M3 1997 (8th edition)
- Access Science @ McGraw-Hill: the Online Encyclopedia of Science and Technology
- A Dictionary of Biology
- Reference QH302.5 .D54 2008
- Collins Dictionary of Biology
- 2005 Available Online
- Sobotta Atlas of Human Anatomy : Head, Neck, Upper Limb, Thorax, Abdomen, Pelvis, Lower Limb
- Reference QM25 .A7913 2008
- Encyclopedia of Human Biology (9 volumes)
- Reference QP11 .E53 1997 (2nd edition)
- American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary
- Reference R121 .A53 2004 (2nd edition)
- The American Heritage Medical Dictionary
- 2007 Available Online
- Mosby's Medical Dictionary
- Reference R121 .M89 2009
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
- Reference RC55 .M4 (2006, 18th edition)
- Reference Desk RC55 .M4 (2011, 19th edition)
- Biosis Previews (Formerly Biological Abstracts)
- Biosis Previews indexes articles from all fields of Biology.
- Index to clinical medicine, nursing, veterinary and allied health literature. Some fulltext is available.
- PubMed provides another interface to the data contained in MEDLINE plus additional content.
- Index to books, articles, web-sites and other resources on all aspects of sport, physical fitness, sport science and recreation.
- Web of Science -- Science Citation Index
- Index and cited references for articles in the sciences.
A full list of all databases accessible at Wittenberg can be found at:
Periodicals are where most of the information for your research papers will come. Remember that there are scholarly publications as well as popular publications You will most likely want to stick to scholarly publications for your research. For hints on how to tell the two apart, please see Scholarly vs. Popular Articles.
Wittenberg owns many scientific journals in both print and electronic formats. The links below will help you to find out what journals we own, the format, and where they are located.
Journals the Library Has
This is a searchable index of the periodicals Wittenberg owns in electronic and print formats. Location and dates owned are also provided.
Journal Interlibrary Loan Form
Use Interlibrary Loan to request articles not owned at Wittenberg from other libraries. Please see the form for more details.
When using the internet, always be thinking critically about what you are viewing. Good and bad information both reside on the internet and it isn't always easy to tell the two apart. For hints on spotting good web pages, please see the library's page on Evaluating Web Sites.
If you choose to use internet sites as information resources, you must cite them just as you must cite a book or journal article. For help citing webpages and other online resources, take a look at Citing Electronic Resources.
If you are having trouble with your research, please contact Alisa Mizikar, the Science Librarian, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-327-7515. You can also contact any of the reference librarians at email@example.com or at 937-327-7511.