Selected Resources for Accounting 498 Senior Seminar
Spring 2012Books | Periodicals | Databases | Web Sites | Help
Searching for Books in Library Catalogs
As you begin your search for books, it can be quite helpful to pay attention to the subject field of a book to find related items. Once you have found a good book in EZRA or OhioLINK, scroll down the page until you see "Subjects" listed on the right. In the subject field, you'll find several links to different topics that are covered by the book you are looking at.
For example look at Financial reporting fraud : a practical guide to detection and internal control in OhioLINK. Notice the following links in the Subject field:
Misleading financial statements -- United StatesThese links will take you to a "list of Nearby Subjects" where you can click on the same subject, or another more related subject, to view all books on that topic.
Business enterprises -- Corrupt practices -- United States
Forensic accounting -- United States
Auditing -- United States
- Accounting reference desktop (2002)
- Main Stacks HF5657.4 .B7195 2002
- Also available as an [Electronic resource]
- Dictionary of accounting (1999)
- [Electronic resource]
- International dictionary of accounting acronyms (1998)
- [Electronic resource]
Wittenberg has a couple accounting periodicals in print. You can browse the latest issues in the Current Periodicals section (near the Reference Desk on the Main Floor) to identify major topics in the field. Periodicals are shelved in alphabetical order by title.
The Accounting Review
Journal of Accountancy
|Journals the Library Has||Search here first for a specific periodical title at Wittenberg (electronic and print formats are both included).|
|Interlibrary Loan||If Wittenberg does not have access to a specific journal title, fill out this request form.|
- The following databases are good places to find information for your project. Please contact the library if you can't access the full text of an article!
- Business Source Complete
- Searches scholarly and trade publications for topics pertaining to business and industry, including accounting.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic
- This is a powerful resource for searching newspapers or for doing legal research. Try getting started by selecting the News or US Legal buttons on the left-hand side of the screen. Note: this resource is very difficult to use at first, but an appointment with a librarian can save you time and frustration!
see All Databases
Choose your sources wisely. The library has compiled a list of things to consider when Evaluating Web Sites.
- Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board
- Ohio Society of CPAs (Certified Public Accountants) - check out the links to Professional Resources and to Publications.
- American Institute of CPAs - check out News, Publications, Interest Areas and Research
- American Accounting Association
- Check out the AAA Digital Library
You must cite web resources just as you must cite printed books and articles. For help citing resources on the web, take a look at Guides for Documenting Sources.
If you would like to schedule a meeting to discuss your research please contact Kristen Gibson, or stop by the Reference Desk for research assistance anytime. I am typically on campus from 8 to 5 on weekdays.