Selected Resources for Biology 114N
From Conception to BirthBooks | Indexes | Periodicals | Help
BOOKSLibrary Catalogs | Selected Bibliography
Locating Books in Library CatalogsAt Wittenberg: EZRA -- the online catalog
At other Ohio academic Libraries: OhioLINK
In North America For ILL: WorldCat
Books on Scientific Writing and Presentations
- Scientific Writing: Easy When You Know How by Jennifer Peat et. al.
- Link to electronic book 2002
- The Craft of Scientific Writing by Michael Alley
- Main Stacks T11 .A37 1996
- Communicating Science: A Practical Guide by Pierre Laszlo
- Link to electronic book 2006
- Scientific Papers and Presentations by Martha Davis
- Main Stacks T11 .D324 1997
- The Art of Scientific Writing by Hans Friedrich Ebel
- Main Stacks QD9.15 .E23 2004
Selected BibliographyBelow is a select list of books relating to general Biology and Human Development. These books can be found in Thomas Library in the reference collection and in the main stacks as noted. Books located in the main stacks may be checked out.
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (20 volumes)
- Available online through Access Science
- Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia (3 volumes)
- Reference Q121 .V3 2008
- McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms
- Reference Q123 .M15 2003 (6th edition)
- Main Stacks Q123 .M34 1993 (5th edition)
- A Dictionary of Biology
- Reference QH302.5 .D54 2008
- Encyclopedia of Genetics, Genomics, Proteomics and Informatics
- Online Resource
- Dictionary of Developmental Biology and Embryology
- Reference QH491 .D94 2012
- Online Resource
- Encyclopedia of Molecular Biology (4 volumes)
- Reference QH506 .E53 1999
- Encyclopedia of Human Biology (9 volumes)
- Reference QP11 .E53 1997 (2nd edition)
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Human Growth and Development
- Main Stacks QP84 .C26 1998
- American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary
- Reference R121 .A53 2004 (2nd edition)
- The American Heritage Medical Dictionary
- Online Resource
Academic Search Complete
- Academic Search Complete is a multi-subject database containing both scholarly and popular publications. Some material is available in full-text. It is a good starting place for introductory level classes.
- Index to over 250 newspapers, many of them in full-text.
- BIOSIS Previews/Biological Abstracts
- Biosis Previews/Biological Abstracts indexes articles from all fields of Biology. Coverage includes 1969 to the present.
A full list of all the indexes available at Wittenberg can be found at:
Periodicals are where most of the information for your research papers will come. Remember that there are scholarly publications as well as popular publications. For hints on how to tell the two apart, please see Scholarly vs. Popular Articles.
Wittenberg owns many scientific journals in both print and electronic formats. The links below will help you to find out what journals we own, the format, and where they are located.
Journals the Library Has
This is a searchable index of the periodicals Wittenberg owns in electronic and print formats. Location and dates owned are also provided.
Journal Interlibrary Loan Form
Use Interlibrary Loan to request articles not owned at Wittenberg from other libraries. Please see the form for more details.
If you are having trouble with your research, please contact Alisa Mizikar, the Science Librarian, via email at email@example.com or call 937-327-7515. You can also contact any of the reference librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 937-327-7511.