The following are available for loan:
- 16 mm film projectors
- slide projectors
- overhead projectors
- opaque projectors
- record players
- audio tape recorders (digital and analog)
- portable CD players
- projection screens
- digital camcorders
- portable computers & LCD displays
- digital still cameras
- compact discs
Reservations for equipment or media checkout must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance.Training in proper use of all equipment is available on request. Borrowers are responsible for the proper care and prompt return of all equipment. To inquire about audio visual equipment reservations call 327-7324.
Media Materials Collection
Audio Visual Services maintains a media collection of over 2,000 videocassettes, 1,400 compact discs and 1400 DVD's. You can search for media items through EZRA, the library's online catalog, either through telnet at http://ezra.wittenberg.edu or on the web at http://www6.wittenberg.edu/lib/.
Circulation of Video Cassettes and DVDs
There are three levels of accessibility for videos and DVDs in Thomas Library's collection: unrestricted, restricted (library use only), and reserve.
- Unrestricted access—Students, faculty, or staff members may check out an unrestricted video or DVD from the Main Circulation Desk. Videos and DVDs can be checked out for 7 days.
- Restricted access—Is when the faculty member recommending purchase has requested that the program be "restricted." Restricted material cannot be checked out of the library by students. However, students can view the material in the Library's viewing stations or viewing rooms.
- Videos and DVDs on reserve—"Reserve" videos and DVDs are available at the Circulation Desk. Students may check out "reserve" videos and DVDs for two or four hours and must view them in the library. Faculty members who wish to check out a video or DVD placed on reserve by another faculty member will need to first talk with that faculty member. To place a video or DVD on reserve, please refer to the section on Reserves here: Reserve Manual.
Please note: Use of audio visual equipment and video programs is limited to faculty, staff, and students of Wittenberg University who are carrying out official University assignments.