Thomas Library Circulation Policies
General Policies | Circulation Periods / Max Checkouts | Overdue Fines
- A current ID is required for all transactions.
- Most books may be checked out for 21 days (or 6 months for faculty members.)
- Reserve materials may be checked out with various time limitations. (Ask at the circulation desk for reserve material.)
- Holds may be placed on books in circulation (i.e., you can have the book held for you when it is returned.)
- Most library materials may be renewed. OhioLINK books and books from our library's Main Stacks and Main Oversize collection may usually be renewed up to 4 times, for a total of 5 checkout periods. (Faculty members may only renew Wittenberg books once, for a total of one year.)
- Please note: Use of audio visual equipment and video programs is limited to faculty, staff, and students of Wittenberg University who are carrying out official University assignments.
Circulation Periods and Other Loan Rules
How long can you check out a book; how often can you renew it?