Table of Contents Notification
and Saved Search Alerts
OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center
Searches in the EJC
The EJC allows you to set up searches, have them automatically run, and then have the results sent to you via email. Create an account by:
- Go to http://journals.ohiolink.edu
- Click on Create an Account in the blue box on the right side of the screen.
- Follow the online instructions and then click Create Account.
- To save a search, click on the Search link at the top right of the screen and do a search as you would normally.
- Then click on the Add to My Searches link.
Table of Contents Notification in theEJC
The EJC will send you tables of contents for journals that you have selected when new issues are loaded into the database.
- Set up your account as above.
- Click on the EJC Home link at the top of the screen.
- Browse through the journals until you find the title you want.
- Click on the title of the desired journal
- Then click on the Add to my Journals link on the right of the screen.
- Then click on Turn on under Notify by Mail.
You can also receive table of contents notification via RSS feeds. Please refer to the online RSS help screen at http://journals.ohiolink.edu/rsshelp.html.
Many of other databases have search alerts and table of contents notification capabilities. Due to the number of and variables within these databases, it is impossible to list them all here. If you would like to set up a search alert or table of contents notification in one of our other databases and need assistance in doing so, please contact the Reference Department at 937-327-7511.